Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My comedian

I really wish I had a tape recorder with me all day long! Jocelyn says the funniest things and she is SO expressive! There are a few things that she has said lately that I want to write down before I forget. Bear with me. You will get a chuckle or two!

Today I was doing her hair and I asked her to hold the spray bottle for me. She said, "MOM! I'm not a holder, I'm a human!! All childs are human!!"

We dropped dinner off at work for Graham tonight. On the way home, she was talking to "Grandpa in Tulsa". I talked to him first and found out that he has a sore throat, so when she heard that, she wanted to talk to him. "You don't feel very good, Grandpa? Can you tell me WHY you don't feel good? WHO is taking care of you? YOU ARE BY YOURSELF!?!?!?!" She was so motherly talking to him and worried about who is taking care of him. Very sweet!

Yesterday, we picked my mom up to go to the fair (or " the fairest" as Jocelyn says). She had to take something to her car and Jocelyn went with her. Jocelyn ALWAYS has a story to tell and Mom walked back in laughing. Jocelyn: "First, Mommy got pregnant! Then she got married in the temple!!" Mom said "I wonder who else she's said that too?!?!" HAHAHA. Yeah, do the math, we definitely got married and THEN had a baby!

We played with some friends at the park today and she was telling Grandpa about it. "So, in the first place, my friend wanted to play princess and I didn't want to. Second place, Mommy said be nice to ALL your friends and I didn't listen. Third place, I finally listened!" Hahaha. Oh my goodness! This child is three going on seventeen!!

Again, on the phone with Grandpa. "It's dark and Daddy is at work. All he has to do now is spend money. No, wait! Daddy makes money and WE spend it!" hehe. Okay, I'll give her that one. :)

So there is a small dose of my daily life with Miss Jocelyn! She is non-stop entertainment and we love her so much! I will definitely have to get a video of her telling one of her stories so you can see the facial expressions, eye rolls and hand gestures!

3 comments:

Ashlee and Shane said...

oh my gosh!!! that is hilarious lauri! Especially that last one..."daddy makes the money and we spend it!" She is learning young! haha. All i can do is laugh at what she says. If she were here i would have to squeeze her! She is the darn cutest thing ever! Tell her aunt ashlee says hello!

A New Day said...

That is hilarious!!!!! Aren't you glad you have this blog so that you can remember this stuff?! And I'm glad so that you have it to share! :-) I like her story of 'First baby' THEN 'married'!!!!! That's just too, too funny!!!!!

Jenny said...

She is so cute and so funny! I can't wait to meet her!