Monday, September 29, 2008

Update on Jocelyn

We just got back from an appointment with the orthopedic surgeon. He took more xrays of her elbow and had the nurses re-splint it. Come to find out, the ER splint was horrible and was not doing anything for her. Lovely. These xrays were much clearer. They are going to be doing surgery tomorrow morning to put pins in. We need to be at the hospital at 6:30 a.m. I felt SO bad for Jocelyn this morning b/c the original plan was to wait a couple days until the swelling went down to see the surgeon, but we called this morning and he wanted to see us today. So she was very nervous and scared about going to another doctor today. We reassured her that is was NOT going to be like yesterday. I didn't write down all the trauma she went through last night, but it was not good. Anyway, we really like the doctor and she is feeling better with a new splint. There is a chance she could come home tomorrow night, otherwise we'll be home Wednesday. Keep us in your prayers!
Hopefully I'll get more sleep tonight b/c last night I could NOT stop checking on her! The nurse told me to be sure to check on her throughout the night and make sure she is breathing and hadn't thrown up in her sleep. Okay, tell that to an already paranoid/emotional mom. The nurse probably didn't mean every TWO minutes, but that's what happens when I've watched her go through so much already! Good thing she still had the medicine from the ER in her b/c she slept through my constant checking. Honestly though I don't think I will get much more sleep tonight...

4 comments:

A New Day said...

Our hearts are with y'all right now. You are going through such stress right now, but once they do the surgery, she's gonna be on the road to recovery -- and that's a VERY good thing!!!! Hope you get some sleep tonight!!!! Take care!!!

Christina said...

Good luck with the surgery today, we are thinking about you!

Kim said...

I hope the surgery went well and that she has a quick recovery. I am confident you are all being watched over.

Jenny said...

I'm so sorry! I almost cried reading about what happened last night! I hope all goes well with the surgery she sounds like such a little trooper.