Monday, December 1, 2008

Catching up...

We have been really busy the past few weeks and I have not been blogging very much! Here is my attempt to catch up...
This past week, we had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures! I'll have to steal some from Mom. Dinner was fantastic and we had fun spending time together! On Saturday, we went to see The Nutcracker. It was at Popejoy Hall, which is the same place Jocelyn had her ballet recital. She loved it! Her favorite part was the toy soldiers, she says. We sat in the sixth row, so she had a great view! Thanks to my Mom for a really fun evening!!

The previous week, my Mom surprised Graham and Dean with a flight on a WWII B-17 Bomber. We met at the airport near our house. I drove out there and when I turned into the airport, I saw the B-17 sitting there and immediately told Graham to CLOSE HIS EYES!!! I did NOT want to ruin the surprise before Mom got there! So I parked the car facing away from the runway and watched Graham TRY to sneak a peek in the mirrors! Anyway, it was the best surprise and they had a blast!! We ended up seeing Graham's Opa and his cousin there! Opa actually use to repair the radio equipment on the B-17's after they were damaged in combat!




Jocelyn texting. She was very good the whole morning, but by this point she was tired of standing around and waiting!!






Pilot Jocelyn. When the man told her she was going to go fly, she was a little nervous about that! She said, "Don't let me go too high!!"

The last thing I wanted to write about was our Twilight Party! Two of my friends and I threw a party the day before the movie release. We had a lot of fun! I was in charge of games (thanks Kristi!! haha), so we played Twilight Feud and a quotes game. There was also a game that went with the food we served. Each item represented something from the book and everyone had to write down their guesses. We also made candied apples to hand out with our invitations. We doubled the recipe, which was suppose to be enough for 30 apples and it barely covered 18! UH! The party was a blast, but also tons of work and I think the three of us decided to retire from party planning!!!!!


Some of our decorations. Quotes from Bella and Edward in their handwriting and pictures from the movie.



My Twilight Feud game board. The top red square would hold the category title and the bottom red square had the answers, each covered by a strip of black paper until a team guessed it. The teams were divided into "Team Edward" and "Team Jacob". We handed out vampire teeth to the winners! A few of the categories were, "Edwards 7 sexiest traits", "Top 4 things about vampire baseball", "5 reasons you want a werewolf as a friend", "4 ways to ditch Dad", etc!!!

Okay, I lied. One more thing. My Mom bought Jocelyn these Christmas pajamas and Jocelyn wore them to decorate our tree. I just had to post a pic b/c she is just too cute! (I know, I say that all the time!) Also, one of her with chocolate all over her face. She was helping me cook Chocolate Wonderful for Thanksgiving! Silly girl.



3 comments:

Ashlee and Shane said...

Oh Jocelyn looks so cute and festive!!!
HOW FUN your party looks!! Geez!! Looks like a lot of work! But so fun! Nice creativity!
We miss you! Glad you had a good thanksgiving!!! :)

Janiel said...

Fun party. Wish I could have made it down to help and have fun too. Hopefully the weather holds out & we can make it down in a few days.

Unknown said...

Cute! I love the party! I so wish I could have gone. It sounds like it was absolutely wonderful! Props to you!