Well!! I am in shock because at our ward Christmas party last night, Jocelyn sat on Santa's lap!!!!!!! I didn't think it was going to happen. We see Santa in the mall and she does not want anything to do with him. Of course, the one in the mall is about seven feet tall so he looks intimidating!!
I don't know if Santa being at our church made her feel more comfortable or maybe seeing all her friends sit on his lap before her. Who knows! Last year it was funny b/c she would stand about two feet from him, but would not go any closer for a picture and kind of ran past him after she was done!
I know she doesn't look too excited here, but I am still amazed that she is sitting on his lap!
This picture is funny because they are looking at her shirt to see what it says. It said "Elf Sized" on it. She doesn't seem too thrilled with them being that close and her face pretty much says it all.
After church we went over to my sister-in-law and brother-in-laws house to celebrate Anne's birthday. When we got home, Jocelyn was bound and determined we should get a puppy. I don't know WHY this was such an urgent need, but we tried to explain that you need a good backyard with grass for a dog and you need money to buy a dog and take care of it. She was very upset that we didn't go right then and get a dog...
So she searched all over the house for money so we could get a dog. Trust me, it wasn't as cute as it sounds. Like I said, she was very upset! She decided she didn't like Boomer anymore (poor cat!) and she just wanted a dog!! This is a picture of her searching my purse for loose change. She found some too, but we still don't have a dog! :) Later in the evening, she got over it and told Boomer she loves him. Hopefully we won't go through this again for awhile! :)
3 comments:
oh that is hilarious...poor boomer. :) That silly cat! I want a cat! :) Jocelyn is so cute!
That is so funny! I don't blame her for being a little leary of Santa. He is a little scary with the big white beard! Blair was so nervous and would only sit there with Kirk.
Good luck with the dog thing. My kids still want one and it's not happening any time soon!! I just keep telling them someday :)
I'm loving her outfit and her precious face. She is so adorable!
I'm so glad she sat on santa's lap. I love the pictures.
Post a Comment