Friday, December 5, 2008

GLORY!!!

Jocelyn and I were in the car listening to Christmas music. "Hark the Harold Angels Sing" came on. It was a very lively version and at the beginning they were singing "GLORY, GLORY, GLORY, GLORY to the newborn King." Jocelyn said, "Mommy!! They are singing about you!" I turned around and probably gave her a very confused look. She said, "Listen, they sing LORI, LORI, LORI!!"

I listened to the next verse and sure enough...they did not pronounce the G in GLORY, so it did sound like LORI. I was laughing so hard. She must think she has the coolest mom considering I have a Christmas song about me!!!!!! :)

Side note: Yes, my name is spelled Lauri, and my family doesn't prounounce my name as "LORI" but Jocelyn hears me called Lori all the time and I actually gave up correcting people a LONG time ago. Sorry, Mom. It got old. :)

3 comments:

Ashlee and Shane said...

hahaha...that is so funny. You know what Lauri, i think i still pronounce your name lori sometimes...and other times i pronounce it lauri. Have you noticed that?! :)

A New Day said...

That is too cute!!!! LOL!!!!

Unknown said...

Ah, how adorable. Your daughter sure loves you!