Sunday, June 1, 2008

My baby girl...

A few pics over the years...




Even though she's growing up so fast, she'll always be my baby girl! I thought I'd take a minute to write down a few things about Jocelyn. You think you will always remember everything about this age, but I know I need to write them down!



Some of Jocelyn's favorite things... 1.Daddy! She LOVES spending time with her daddy! He can pretty much do no wrong in her eyes! 2. Boomer...she LOVES our cat! He is her best friend. He waits by her door in the morning until I open it and he runs to her bed and snuggles with her. He sits and watches cartoons with her on her lap. She also loves to run around the house with her jump rope so he can chase her! Oh, and she also loves to spray him with the water bottle when he gets up on the counters! :) 3. Talking on the phone to Grandpa, Aunt Madeline, Aunt Catherine and Uncle John. She pretty much takes control of my cell phone and she learned how to call the most recent person on the call list. If you call my cell, don't be surprised if Jocelyn answers and she talks for an hour! :) 4. Hanging out with MiMi. She thinks that my Mom comes over just for her! I feel bad sometimes b/c Jocelyn has a list of a hundred things to do when MiMi comes over! 5. Ballet and Little Gym class. This is her outlet! She LOVES her teachers and she loves learning new things and running around like a wild child. Actually, I am always told she is the BEST listener! 6. Her preschool workbooks. Seriously! She LOVES learning and would work in her "homework books" all day long! 7. Playing anything with mom and dad! She absolutely loves board games, building blocks, cooking in her kitchen, playing her doll house, anything that we will play with her! 8. I can't forget HORSES! She loves going to Grandma's house and riding Dirty Face. Grandma has a lot of horses, but she knows which one she wants to ride! She loves spending time with Grandma and Opa! 9. Pops and Grammie Davis. She is getting to know them a lot better lately! She loves telling them stories of her latest adventures and loves being the center of attention! 10. Her friends! She asks if she can have friends over all the time! She loves Brianna and Jessica especially! Her and Brianna love to dance! Jessica and Jocelyn love to make crafts! It's funny, she has certain things with each friend she likes to do! She also always talks about her best friend, Gavin! Even though we don't get to see them very often, Jocelyn adores Gavin, Tanner and Aunt Ashlee! She has very good memories of them! 10. Having a baby cousin! She LOVES Aiden and is just so proud to be the big cousin! She is very excited to teach him how to walk, talk and many other things! 11. Church. This sweet little girl LOVES her scriptures. It is SO cute! She obviously can't read them, but she feels something special for them already. She has her own little set of scriptures and takes them to church and "reads" them constantly! She also is the one to always remind us to say the prayer! When we go out to dinner, sometimes we forget and she'll always say "we forgot to say the prayer!"

A couple other things that are worth mentioning... Jocelyn is VERY polite! (Not always to me, but to everyone else! haha) She always makes sure she says thank you for everything! When we are treated to dinner, she will ask me who paid for it and then thank them! It's so sweet!
She uses big words for a three year old. Ridiculous and acceptable are just two of many. The other day I said, "this is riduculous" she said, "Mommy, did you just call me adbidiculous?!?" It was hilarious. She was very tired and very emotional at that moment!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's your baby girl! Wow, she has grown up so much!

Amanda said...

She is seriously so cute. Honestly, I want to squeeze her!!!!!

She is so grown up now! I don't want Hannah to grow up!!!!!!