Monday, June 9, 2008

Walking in Memphis...


Jocelyn before her recital on Saturday! Doesn't she look adorable?!?!

After such a flawless rehearsal, I was a little nervous about Saturday night! I know that sounds silly, but it is rare that things will go perfectly with a three year old two days IN A ROW!!! Ha ha. Jocelyn was so excited for everyone to come watch her!! She was also very excited that she got to put on blush and lip gloss and wear her costume again!

The girls did so well! The crowd was so loud yelling and clapping for them the whole time! The girls were actually more together and everything this time than at the rehearsal!! I was so proud of them! After the recital, we gave Jocelyn her roses which she was so excited about. My Mom gave her the cutest dance bag that says "I'm dancing, don't bug me!" It has a little lady bug, a bee and some other little bugs on it! She also gave her a little tiara that has little "diamond" hearts! So cute! Jocelyn said, "OHH! A tiara!! I love it!" We were all surprised she knew the word tiara! Then we all went to dinner together which was fun!

When we were driving home that night, Graham and I were telling her how proud we were and that she did such a good job! She said, "when we got our hats, why did you guys laugh at us?" I said, "we didn't laugh at you, we were all clapping and saying wooohooo!" She said, "that's not what I heard. I heard everyone laughing!" Poor thing! I tried to explain that when people think something is SO cute, they sometimes laugh! She seemed okay with that answer! I felt bad though b/c I could tell that the girls kind of froze for a second after they put their hats on during the dance and now I know why!! They thought everyone was laughing like they did something wrong!!! Awwwww!!!

If you haven't checked it out, a video of her rehearsal is two posts down on this page!!!!

7 comments:

A New Day said...

That is so great that y'all had such a fantastic time! It was really good that she was able to ask you about the laughing so that you could explain it to her. Congrats, Joc!!! On the GREAT recital!!!

Ashlee and Shane said...

aahhhhh, she is soooooo cute!!! I love that girl! I will have to check out the video tomorrow!!

Jenny said...

Seriously that video makes me want to cry it is so cute! I can't imagine Kirsten being able to learn a dance like that, that would be so fun to watch! Oh and yes we will be in OK in the beginning of July. That would be AWESOME to get together.

Amanda said...

Ok, seriously, she is adorable! Honestly, I love her outfit and the whole get up! How fun!!! She looks like a doll!!!!

I bet it was so fun to watch her! I can't wait until Hannah does stuff like this!

Unknown said...

That looks and sounds like so much fun. You get to do all the cool stuff. I love the outfit and the song they danced to! Thanks for posting a video so we could watch! Oh and yes, I'd totally plan a party for you or at least give you ideas when you get stumped.

Unknown said...

So I showed the video to my girls to see if they wanted to do anything like this. So far we've gone as far as gymnastics and soccer. They absolutely loved it. They want to watch the video again and again and again. They think that your daughter is very cute and would like to know if you want to come and play with us sometime.

Bowdens said...

That is the cutest costume I have ever seen! She really is adorable! What a great recital!