After ballet, we came home and I had to finish making sixty auction paddles for our enrichment meeting tonight. (For some reason, they decided to make me enrichment leader AND primary teacher! FUN!) Thankfully my Mom had stayed at my house late last night and helped me out! Thanks Mom! We had a service auction and an ice cream sundae bar for enrichment! It was so fun!! I had never been to one, so I wasn't sure what to expect. A lot of people brought things that they had made like food, quilts, a painting,spa items, etc. Other ladies wrote a service on a piece of paper like babysitting, rides to the temple, free haircuts, interior design help, birthday party planning, homemade specialty cakes and all kinds of fun stuff! I was impressed with the variety! Anyway, we had a questionare sheet that we passed out and that's how you earned points to bid. Some questions were did you read your scriptures, have family home evening, make your bed, bear your testimony, do your visiting teaching, etc. and each question was worth a certain amount of points. You would think since I helped make the questionare, I would have had made sure I did everything...nope! :) Oh well. We had one of the husbands lead the auction and he was SO FUNNY! I think that is definitely what made it so fun! He had us all cracking up the whole night! What was my service, you ask?!? Well, I decided to make something instead! Around three oclock I decided I should probably run to Micheal's and get something to make! I ended up getting a scrapbook shadow box frame and found some cute family theme things and left room for the person to add their own picture. I was a little worried how it was going to turn out since it was SO last minute, but I was happy with it. As the night went on, my frame just sat up there and sat up there....I was beginning to wonder if anyone would have points left when it came time to bid on mine! He literally left mine until the very last thing! Usually he would start the bidding at ten points. The most you could have from your sheet was 110 points. I was sooo surprised when he picked up my frame and he didn't even have time to say "do I hear ten?" when people started yelling out 60, 80 and finally 110! We had set everything out on a table at the beginning of the night so everyone could see what was up there, so I guess some people had saved all their points for my frame! Crazy! I seriously don't write this to brag, I was just shocked! It was such a fun night and I walked away with a card redeemable for BABYSITTING! WOHOOOO!
Surpringly enough, this is my HAPPY girl at 9:30 tonight when we finally got home! She went to the children's class during enrichment and loved it. One of the mom's came out and said, "are you Jocelyn's mom?" I was thinking...OH NO! :) She said, "I have to tell you how much I just love your daughter. She was cracking me up the whole time! She acts so grown up and is just hilarious with her stories!" One of the things she told me was that one of the toys was driving this lady crazy and Jocelyn heard her and said, "Yeah! That toy is just driving me insane!" HA HA. Can't imagine where she got that. Anyway, it was pretty funny.
7 comments:
What a cute frame Lauri!!! Sheesh...we need to start a photo business together and include something like that in with a package deal!!! CUTE! Jocelyn is soooooooo funny! I can't stop laughing at her telling you to not smile! Well, we might end up living out your direction!! Believe it or not! We decided that we want to live out in Colorado or maybe even Utah(eat my words) for the 3 yrs. in air force....maybe even NM or Arizona...we will see. But that will be nice!!! I have to go! We are feeding missionaries tonight AND i have a pack meeting to go to right after! Sounds like you are staying pretty busy too with your 2 CALLINGS!! HOLY MOLY!
How are you doing? I was on Camille's site and saw your name. Yeah! E-mail me back. My parents moved and so now you are not in the same ward anymore. I miss your laugh. Hope to hear from you soon, Mardi
They moved here to Utah to be closer to their 4 grandbabies. We live in the middle of nowhere called Dugway. It is a military base. We love it though. It has like 900 people at the most living here.
I totally would love to come to bear lake. We should try to get together while you are going or coming if possible. We are going on Vacation from 10-23 of June. Please don't have that be the week that you are coming. (Which it probably is huh?) Hope to hear from you soon.
Cute, cute stories and I can totally see why your frame went for so much. Way to contribute! So what did you make your paddles out of?
She is so cute!!!!!!! I really love the frame. That is so great!
Jocelyn is seriously hilarious! I love when these little 3 year olds act so grown up. It's adorable! And that frame is so cute!
Post a Comment