Thursday, May 8, 2008

His battle wound!!!!!




THIS IS THE CULPRIT!!!!



My poor hubby! We had a less than fun trip to the emergency room today! In albuquerque, we have these lovely things called swamp coolers. Biggest pain! Every spring you have to change the pads and do some other stuff to it just so you can turn on the cooling. Last year, we had a guy come out to turn it on and he did a horrible job. He used really cheap pads AND when I turned it on for the first time, we had a waterfall coming from the ceiling in our garage!!!! Horrible. So this year Graham decided to do it himself.....I wasn't going to argue with him.


Anyway, Graham was almost done with it and he comes in the house yelling for me to come downstairs. I could tell something was wrong. I came running and saw blood ALL over his head, face, neck and clothes. He was putting the last panel back on the side of the swamp cooler and it was stuck, so he climbed down the ladder and the stupid thing decided to become unstuck just at that moment!! It hit his head and he had a big gash, so we rushed to the hospital that is just down the road. Usually blood doesn't affect me but this time I thought I was going to lose it. I think it was just too much and on someone I care so much about. Thank goodness I was able to get over it b/c we didn't have time for me to run to the bathroom! :)



Once we got to the hospital, I dropped Graham off at the emergency door and Jocelyn and I parked the car. They attended to him very quickly....probably b/c he had blood all over his head! The nurses were SO sweet to Jocelyn. She was extremely worried about her daddy and I'm sure the knew that, but she acted like a big girl and was very calm! Two minutes after we got in our room, they had brought her a coloring book, crayons, juice and popsicles! It was so cute. It helped her feel at ease and everyone that came in our room was very nice to her! I was really impressed!



Graham ended up getting staples in his head. The nurse practioner came in and said, "You have two options. I can numb it before I put the staples in or I can just put the staples in!" Well, Graham stepped on a big nail a few years ago and they numbed it and he said it was extremely painful, so he opted to skip that part this time! Even after she was done, he said the numbing medicine is a lot worse than the pain of the staples. Then they did a cat scan and everything was fine. So now we are home and relaxing! I'm so glad he is okay! I can't stand seeing my loved ones hurt!!!!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad he is okay. Wowizers. Thanks for the pic though, its kind of interesting to see. Sounds like the nurses were fantastic and way to go to Jocelyn for being so brave. I don't know if my girls could do that.

Bowdens said...

How scary!! I think I would have frieked seeing all the blood and especially not knowing how bad he was hurt! Good for you to remain so calm! Glad he's alright.
By the way, Jocelyn is so darn cute!! I love the cousin pictures. Her hair is so cute in the little braids.

Janiel said...

Holy Cow! That's aweful! Glad he's feeling better. And it sounds like all in all Jocelyn had a good time at the hospital. Juice AND Popsicles? Wow!

Ashlee and Shane said...

Oh my goodness gracious! Poor Graham! I am glad he is okay though! That looks like a big wound!!!! I hope he is doing okay now!