We had a fabulous vacation!!! It was hard to come back, especially b/c Graham has to go back to work tonight, but it is always nice to be home again! I have TONS of pictures to post, which might take me awhile! Here are some highlights from our trip...
-On the way up to the lake, I was driving so Graham could sleep. Everything was going fine and then three HUGE four point bucks jumped out in front of my car and we barely missed them! They came from the other side, so luckily I had some warning. I think I dug my nails into Graham's leg while trying to miss them! Sorry, honey.
-The first day at the lake, we take the boat out. Graham was putting the tube in the water behind the boat and somehow managed to slice his toe on the boat's ladder! It was sick. It sliced from the bottom of his toe, up to his nail and popped his nail up!! It was black and blue the rest of the trip...not to mention, painful and sore!
-We had some issues with the boat...I won't go into details but if you'd like to know, ask, it was pretty funny. Okay, not then but now. Let's just say, a guy standing on the dock was taking pictures of us!!!!
-We had a brush fire near our lake house! We were coming back from spending time at the lake and saw tons of smoke! We called 911 and luckily it hadn't spread too far.
-Oh, I almost forgot...I decided to take my phone for a swim. Oops. I felt like an idiot, but thankfully Graham wasn't too mad and we went to Logan to get a new phone for me.
-Here's a good highlight...We got to see my best friend, Ashlee, and her family. Unfortunately, her boys didn't feel so good so we just hung out, but it was still so fun to see them! Jocelyn and Tanner disappeared into one of the bedrooms and when we went to find them, they had climbed to the top bunk! It was so funny. Tanner was SO proud of himself! Cutie!
-In Yellowstone, we drove ALL the way up to Mammoth Hot Springs so I could see water. Ummm, it would have been helpful if someone would have told us that they were DRY this time of the year. We also hiked all the way up to the top, just to make sure and yeah, nothing! UHHHH! I was so annoyed. We drove about two hours there (out of the way) and of course all the way back. Oh well. If we would have skipped it, we would have always regretted not going...since we didn't know it was dry! hahaha.
-When we finally did find some hot springs that had water, Graham's injured toe was hurting so bad, so Jocelyn and I went off to walk the trail by ourselves. We were in a hurry, so we just threw on her flip flops. BAD IDEA!!! The very first hot spring we stopped at to take a pic, she decided to step on the rail ledge and there goes her shoe!!! I could NOT reach it! So, I had to carry her the entire way around the loop. So much fun at two oclock in the afternoon, with a black shirt on, and trying to get pictures, AND just having finished a long hike! UHHHH! She was hilarious though, "Mommy, I'm so sorry! It was an accident! We have GOT to tell Daddy about this!"
-After Yellowstone, we spent more time at Bear Lake. We were at the resort park and Jocelyn was on the swings. First, Graham was pushing her and in mid air, she decided she wanted to jump off!! What the heck?!?! SO, we had a big talk with her that she can't do that! She has to hold on and tell us if she wants to get off! Then I take a turn pushing her and in mid swing, she decides she needs to fix her hair and get it out of her face!! She lets go with one hand and falls off the seat. For a second, she kept ahold with the other hand, but soon after, let go and crunched her little body in half on the sand...landing, of course, on her head! Scared me!!!! She was shaken up and hurt her rib cage, but after a few minutes wanted to get back on. I didn't push her very high that time! UHH...crazy child.
-On our way back home, we stopped in Salt Lake City. I was able to spend time with another of my highschool friends from ABQ, Ashlee, and her new baby. He is such a cutie! We had a good time catching up! After that, we spent some time at the temple and the visitors center. For dinner, we met up with another highschool friend from ABQ, Mardi, her kids and her parents! SO FUN! :) We sat around talking and before we knew it over two hours had passed! So thanks to my friends for meeting up with us! It was fun!
I will post a lot more pics later, but I have to get going for now!
5 comments:
LOL. Your post just kept me laughing and laughing. I definitely want to hear about the boat story. I'll have to call you sometime or something. Sounds like you had quite the adventure and lots of fun with friends. Glad you are home safe and sound though. How's that toe of Grahams now?
Absolutely BEAUTIFUL pictures! I'm so glad that y'all had a good time and came back, mostly, in one piece!
Sounds like you had a ton of fun! We'll have to get together sometime after we get settled into our new home, sometime in the spring.
What an amazing trip! Your pictures are so beautiful! Sorry about the phone, the fire, Graham's toe...but those things always seem to make vacations more memorable! Glad you guys had a good time.
Where do you get all of your cute backgrounds? I love your new one!
Post a Comment