Thursday, June 14, 2012

Hockey!!!

For Graham's birthday last year, I bought tickets to see our Washington Capitals play in Colorado. We were able to go with Dan and Janiel and we had a blast! It was so good to see them and catch up, especially since Dan was about to be deployed. They took us to a really fun burger place called Crave. They have CRAZY combinations on their burgers. For example, one burger has peanut butter, bacon, jalapenos and onions on it! Another example is a burger with bacon, cheddar, egg, onion between two glazed donuts. Doesn't that sound gross? Apparently, they are good but since we were headed to the hockey game right after, I was nervous to try something too crazy.

Anyway, back to the game! Funny story, when we were newlyweds and moved to D.C., Graham bought hockey tickets for me for my birthday. I was so excited! My first NHL game and the Colorado Avs were coming to D.C. and Patrick Roy was still with the Avs. We didn't care about the Caps yet, so obviously I was rooting for the Avs. Well, guess who lost. The Avs. So this time around, we are huge Capitals fans and were really excited to see them play again. Guess who lost? The Caps. Sheesh. Oh well, it was fun! 























1 comment:

Janiel said...

Yea it was fun!! :) And my beloved Avs won! wahoo!! We need to do that again some time!