Saturday, December 12, 2009

Update: Horseback riding!


Well, it's been a couple months since Jocelyn started horseback riding lessons and the novelty has definitely NOT worn off! She truly loves it and every morning, she counts how many days she has until Saturday! She is very comfortable around the horses and has no fear, which can make me a little nervous!

The past couple weeks, she has been learning to TROT and POST! Crazy! She started trotting on Annabelle, the white horse. Annabelle is 26 years old and is a very calm, slow horse. I felt comfortable with Jocelyn on learning to trot on her because she would trot for a minute and then just walk. Last weekend, someone else was riding Annabelle so Jocelyn got to ride Hope, the black horse. She was VERY excited, but I was nervous because I had watched Hope chase after another horse a few weeks ago. She is a younger horse and definitely more spirited! When Jocelyn was ready to trot with Hope, she gave her a good kick and even Jocelyn was surprised how much faster Hope's trot was!!!





You can tell she's trotting here and trying to post. The first time she tried to post, I thought she was going to fall off the horse because she was bouncing SO much more than she was before! She is getting a lot better at it and I think with time, she will get the hang of it. It's hard to get the timing right of when you need to stand up or sit down, especially when you are only five years old! The good thing is, she doesn't get frustrated!



I think we are in for YEARS at the ranch with this girl! She has found her passion!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

That is so fun. I think I need to get Kirsten some lessons, I think she would love it too!

Unknown said...

I'm impressed she is so determined and doesn't get frustrated. Way to go Jocelyn.