Sunday, November 16, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOCELYN!!!!!!!!!!

I CANNOT believe that my baby girl is FOUR!!! Honestly it has gone by so fast, but then again, I can't really remember life before her! What did we do with our time?!? Haha. Some of my favorite qualities of Jocelyn are...
-her sweet and loving spirit. She is very sensitive and thoughtful to everyones feelings.
-her love of animals. Especially our cat, MiMi's animals and Grandma's horses!
-the way she LOVES her scriptures. She can't read them yet, but she knows they are about Jesus and she loves them!
-all the hilarious things she says! She is always making us laugh!
-her passion for life. That does mean we get the extremes, she is either VERY happy OR VERY mad. Haha.
-the prayers she gives. She is the one to always remind us to say a prayer at meal time and she's started saying more of them at bedtime. I love when she adds new things to her prayers and you can tell she is really thinking about what she wants to say.
-her love of the phone. Maybe this isn't going to be a good thing when she's older, but right now I love that she talks to family who lives far away. Especially Grandpa in Tulsa. If she hears the phone ringing "Irish Eyes" (which is Grandpa's ringtone) then she RUNS for it so she can answer first!
-the way she tells stories! It is sooooo funny! I really need to get this on video so you can see what I'm talking about. She usually uses her hands to tell stories and she is SO animated!
-one of the cutest thing is how proud she is to be a big cousin! She LOVES her baby Aiden and always says "Aiden is MY COUSIN!" It is so sweet! I know she'll be a great big sister someday! :)
-the fact that she can laugh at herself. She'll do something silly like put her pants on inside out and if we point it out she'll laugh and say "Oh, silly me!" I hope she can always let things slide off her back like that.
I could go on and on about my sweet little girl. She is growing up so fast and I try to cherish every day with her! She can drive me nuts at times, but I'll take those and try to learn patience because she brings so much happiness to our family!

We had her birthday party at The Little Gym this year. It was a blast! I had scheduled it before she broke her elbow and although she can't be in gymnastics class for a couple more months, we altered the party a little and she was fine!

During one of the fun activities. I think they were "crawling through the forest as quiet as can be!"




In the party room. We found gymastics theme plates and I think it turned out cute!





She doesn't like the string thing under her chin so she puts it by her lip. It cracks me up!

2 comments:

Bowdens said...

Happy 4th Birthday! What a fun party...I love the Little Gym. Jocelyn looks so cute and really grown up! 4 is a big year!!

Amanda said...

How fun!!! What a great birthday party. Totally unique! It looks like she had a great time!!! How fun!

She is so totally cute too! What a pretty girl you have!

Happy Birthday!!!!!