I mentioned before how much the nurses at the hospital LOVE Jocelyn. I think it is the cutest thing! They fought over who got to stay with her after her surgery, even when she was VERY grumpy! Every time we have an appointment with her surgeon, new nurses just fall in love with this girl. She has handfuls of stickers, crayons, coloring books, and suckers by the time we leave! Usually from at least four different nurses! So funny! Different nurses have different nicknames for her. Our favorite is the xray lady. She is SO sweet to Jocelyn and always so excited to see her! Anyway, it's just so cute! She is very loveable!! :)
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
SURPRISE!!!
Last night, I was changing Jocelyn into her pajamas. I looked at her elbow and saw one of her pins sticking out of the cast!!!!!!!! Freaked me out! My mom was here, thankfully, because I probably would have stressed more without some calmness from her! It wasn't sticking out a lot, but it still wasn't something I was expecting. Everytime she moved her arm up, it would come out a little more! So I called the pediatric orthopedic doctor on call and she said she wanted to have it looked at first thing this morning. Unfortunately, our surgeon is in surgery on tuesdays, so we had to see someone else. They took the cast off, which was akward b/c the pin was stuck in the plaster and the pin is curved. When Jocelyn saw the pins sticking out, she said "WHY did they put HOLES in my arm?!?!" :) Then she had more xrays done, which she was crying through b/c the pins were sticking out and she didn't have her cast on, plus her elbow was tender. We were told that they'd probably just redo her cast b/c it wasn't time to take the pins out. Once we got the xrays done, we went back and saw one of the other surgeons. He checked out her xrays and said, "Well! Looks like we have a quick healer here! We are ready to take the pins out!" WHAT?!?!?!?! ARE YOU SURE?!?!?! I'm not so sure I'm ready for this!! Especially after seeing her elbow without the cast on! Not to mention, I wasn't mentally prepared for them to PULL the pins out! AHHHHH! But I had no say in it, so out they came! Poor thing. That scream was almost as bad as when she broke her elbow. I always feel like a traitor to her when I know something is going to hurt but I act like it's fine. You know?!?! So now she'll have the bandages on for a couple more days and if doesn't still bleed when I take them off then we can start working on moving her elbow! Kind of crazy! It's been three weeks to the day that we had her surgery! Graham worked last night, so we decided that he would stay home this morning since we thought all was going to happen was a new cast. He was surprised when we came home and she told him her pins were out. He said, "Why did they do that?!?!" haha.

I mentioned before how much the nurses at the hospital LOVE Jocelyn. I think it is the cutest thing! They fought over who got to stay with her after her surgery, even when she was VERY grumpy! Every time we have an appointment with her surgeon, new nurses just fall in love with this girl. She has handfuls of stickers, crayons, coloring books, and suckers by the time we leave! Usually from at least four different nurses! So funny! Different nurses have different nicknames for her. Our favorite is the xray lady. She is SO sweet to Jocelyn and always so excited to see her! Anyway, it's just so cute! She is very loveable!! :)
I mentioned before how much the nurses at the hospital LOVE Jocelyn. I think it is the cutest thing! They fought over who got to stay with her after her surgery, even when she was VERY grumpy! Every time we have an appointment with her surgeon, new nurses just fall in love with this girl. She has handfuls of stickers, crayons, coloring books, and suckers by the time we leave! Usually from at least four different nurses! So funny! Different nurses have different nicknames for her. Our favorite is the xray lady. She is SO sweet to Jocelyn and always so excited to see her! Anyway, it's just so cute! She is very loveable!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Bless her little heart!! What a hard time this has been for you all! Glad it is almost over. She is soooo sweet!!!
That freaks me out!!! YIKES!!!! I can't believe it has only been 3 weeks and they can take them out already! CRAZY!
She is so cute. Seriously, so cute! I think she is a doll! Poor girl has been through so much!
Wow I would have been freaked out too! What a big girl to deal with that! Will she have to do physical therapy?
She sure is so loveable! Aaahhh, sweet girl. Now, that sounds painful. I don't quite understand the pin thing...Like the pin is in her arm and they pull it out?!?! Yikes! She is a trooper! Tell her that aunt ashlee says hello. I am glad she is healing so well! luv u guys!
Yeah, they had two pins in her arm. The whole time they were sticking out of her arm about an inch under the cast! They literally just yanked them out!!!!!!! It was very disturbing to watch!
She is so sweet! I can't believe she had to go through all of that!!How traumatic for her(and you!) She must be really brave! Her arm looks so much better already. 3 weeks isn't very much time! I hope it keeps getting better!
Aaahhh! Wow, I'm sure its nice to have the pins out. Crazy though. And hey, I'm sure its easier to get dressed now too. What a brave girl and mommy.
Post a Comment