Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!!!!!!

I LOVE the Fourth of July! I love all the patriotic music, I love the fireworks and I love spending time with family and friends. Most of all, I feel so blessed to live in this country! I am so grateful to all the men and women who have fought and who continue to fight for our freedom! I was raised to be proud of our country and to feel a love for it!
This year, we went to the Balloon Fiesta Park with our friends, Aaron, Shea and their three kids. We've known them for a couple years now and always have a great time! Jocelyn and Bryson are SO much like a little married couple. One minute, they love each other and then the next, they are bickering about something! Usually one wants to play something and the other doesn't. OR one wants to sit next to the other, and the other doesn't. It was very entertaining!

My patriotic little girl! She HAD to have a flag this year! She waved it around all night!

I love the back of this shirt and her cute little bows!

This is my favorite picture! Funny story with her outfit. I always have to have an outfit for her for the Fourth of July. Poor Graham didn't know what he was getting into when we found out we were having a girl! ha ha. Anyway, I thought this shirt was a 2T, so I tried it on Jocelyn at the store to make sure it fit. It fit fine, so we went up to the cash register. For some reason, I looked at the tag and it said 12 to 18 MONTHS!!! WHAT?!?!?!?! Yeah, she's tiny!


Isn't this hilarious? They were both pouting here! Their facial expressions and they had their arms crossed. I think they had just got in trouble for running off too far!

Here is Jocelyn and Bryson when they were HAPPY!

We have such a beautiful view here! I love the mountains!

We were going to let the kids jump on one of the bouncy houses they have, but the lines were ridiculous. Then we thought we'd find a football for them to play with and we had no luck with that. I am explaining our thought process b/c we ended up with glow swords and I want everyone to know that was a last resort! Ha ha! Of course, the rest of the night, the kids had sword fights. The only problem with this, is that they would get to involved with their fight and not watch out for innocent bystanders! Jocelyn was cracking me up b/c instead of moving her hands to swing her sword, she would swing her hips side to side. It was pretty funny!

7 comments:

A New Day said...

That is so funny!!! That pic of the two kids sitting in the wagon is just priceless! You're right... their faces and crossed arms say it all!!!! Happy 4th of July!

Unknown said...

Happy Independence Day!
Love the pictures- that wagon one is the best. I'm surprised they let you take it! I am so glad you got to experience the glow swords. I can just picture her hips swinging side to side. That's so funny. I can't believe she fits into a 12-18 month shirt!! Maybe, it was supposed to be a dress?

Lauri said...

I know! That picture makes me laugh! I thought the shirt might have been intended for a dress...until I checked the website! I guess it would have been a LONG shirt on a baby!!! LOL!

Bowdens said...

Happy 4th of July to you guys! Seeing those Sandia mountains makes me miss ABQ so much! We had a swim party/bbq with my family, but all we could talk about was how fun our ABQ 4th of July's were! The two churches that usually do fireworks by my mom's house didn't do them this year, so we didn't even go watch them. I didn't feel like sitting out in the 100 degree weather surrounded by tons of people!! Sounds like you guys had a great fourth and Jocelyn looks so cute!

Bowdens said...

Where did you find that adorable (tiny) shirt?? I guess it doesn't matter what size as long as it fits!

Amanda said...

She is seriously so cute! I love her whole outfit and her cute hair do. what a little princess!!!!

Ashlee and Shane said...

So, looks like you guys had a wonderful time!! Jocelyn gets cuter and cuter with every post! sheesh. We cannot wait to see you guys!!!! :)