Sunday, January 13, 2008

A new year, a new class....

This year at Church, Graham and I are teaching a primary class together. We have the CTR 7 class which is 6 year olds who will be turning 7 this year. They are really cute! We have a huge class! Eleven kids! WHOA! Of course, there are only two girls and the rest are very energetic boys! Last year, I taught a class with all boys, so I was hoping for some balance this time!!

Oh! Jocelyn is in Primary now (instead of nursery) because she is three! Her class is called Sunbeams! I feel sorry for the two guys who teach b/c there are 13 sunbeams!! That is just crazy! Not all of them come every week, but still! Anyway, for some reason, Jocelyn has not wanted to go to nursery the past few months. She was doing so well and then they put new teachers in the nursery and she would have a meltdown if I tried to drop her off in there! Poor girl. Actually, poor Mommy! She would cry out, "BUT MOMMY! I LOVE YOU!! PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME!" Talk about a guilt trip! Like I said, I taught a class last year too, so I didn't have time to argue with her, so she would end up coming with me to class. It was pretty funny though. At first, after she had decided she didn't want to go to nursery anymore, she would start pleading with me to let her come with me when I started getting her dressed for church. Soon after, she would start SATURDAY NIGHT! Don't know how she knew it was Saturday b/c I sure wouldn't tell her, but every Saturday night, "Mommy, I don't want to go to nursery! I want to go to your class!" UHHH! Well, this didn't give me hope for the new year and her big girl class! She has the NICEST teachers, but for some reason, she doesn't like them. They always try to talk to her in the halls and get her to go to class, but she just ignores them! Well, they told me that those teachers would be moving up to Sunbeams from nursery! GREAT! I was hoping for a fresh start (only b/c she doesn't like them! I think they are great teachers!).

So! Last night at Church they had a "Pajama Party" to let the kids meet their new teachers. Jocelyn and I bought her adorable, new pajamas and I told her all about it. She was VERY excited all day UNTIL we got there and she saw her teachers! UHH! So she ended up staying with me half the night! I was joking with one of the other teachers and said, "Would you like to adopt Jocelyn into your class?!?!" I was teasing, but she said "YES!" and took Jocelyn! Now, this would be great news, but she teaches the ten year olds! Somehow I don't think this will work all year! :) But Jocelyn went to class with her and was completely happy! UHHH! Kind of makes it even more frustrating b/c I know she will go with someone, but not her teachers!!

Anyway, the good news is, with a lot of help from the primary leaders, JOCELYN WENT TO CLASS TODAY!! WOHOOOO! I didn't think it was going to happen!!! Graham and I were sooo excited! I know it doesn't sound like a big deal, but trust me....for us, it is! :) The Primary President is awesome and she checked in on Jocelyn and when she was crying for me, she distracted her and let her be the "big helper"!

Keep your fingers crossed for next week!!! AHHHH! :) Good thing we love her so much!

2 comments:

Ashlee and Shane said...

OOhhhh, Jocelyn! She is so cute! When she says, "but mommy i love you", that is so hearbreaking! I would die if Gavin said that! Anyway, that is great that she went! More exciting for you!

Lauri said...

Ash, it reminded me of when you guys were here and she made you stay in nursery with her. "My mommy said you HAVE to stay with me!" She will come with any excuse! Love her!