Sunday, January 20, 2008

Big day for Jocelyn!!

Today has been such a good day! I wrote last week about Jocelyn going to Sunbeams. Well, this week she was asked to give a talk in sharing time. I had no idea what to expect b/c she's never had to do anything like that before! Every week, a different class is in charge of saying the prayer, scripture, article of faith and then a talk at the beginning of primary. This week was the Sunbeams turn and they were SO CUTE! We worked on Jocelyn's talk with MiMi last night and found some pictures that we could hold up to go along with it. Jocelyn was soooooo tired last night and didn't want to practice, so I was a bit worried that she wouldn't want to do it infront of all those kids and teachers!

This morning I asked Jocelyn if she was excited to give her talk and she said, "yes! In the microphone!" We got to primary and she sat up in the front, ready to go. Let me say, the parents all come in the primary room and will help their child say their parts. Anyway, the prayer and the article of faith went well, but when it was time for the scripture, the little girl got nervous and didn't want to do it. I was thinking, "oh boy! That's going to be Jocelyn!" Well, I went up there to help her and she marched right up to the microphone and she did SO WELL! I whispered the talk to her, line by line, and she said it all! I actually got teary eyed b/c her little voice is just so sweet!! I can't believe my little baby is to the point of giving "talks" in church!! AHHHH!

Here is her talk...
"Heavenly Father has a plan for me. I lived with Jesus and Heavenly Father as a Spirit child. I chose to come to earth and follow his plan. I came to a family and received a body. While I am on earth, my parents and teachers will teach me about the gospel. Because of what Jesus did for me, I can live with Heavenly Father again."

I'm so proud of my girl!! :)

1 comment:

Ashlee and Shane said...

That is soooo great! She sounds like a proud little girl!! How sweet! Tell Jocelyn Auntie Ashlee says hello! Tell her congrats on her talk! She and i talked in church on the same day!(i gave a talk in sacrament meeting today)