Thursday, October 8, 2009

Santa Fe


Last weekend, we went up to Santa Fe to go camping at Hyde Park. We had a blast and the area was gorgeous! Thanks to MiMi and Grandpa Castle for inviting us! We always look forward to our family tradition of playing Elfer Raus, a German card game. I especially like it when I win...no, I'm not competitive at all!





Jocelyn LOVES to stay busy! I know most kids do, but this girl is always wanting to go on a hike, gather wood to build a fire, she even helped with the fifth wheel this time, getting it all set up!! She is a great helper and I think it's so cute that she loves to help so much. (Unless Mommy is asking her to clean up toys...then she's just TOO TIRED! hahaha) In these pictures, she is gathering dead pine needles to put in the fire pit.





This picture just makes me laugh! They were warming up their bums. :)

On Saturday, we went up to the ski area and rode the lift. I'll admit, I was nervous letting Jocelyn get on and I wasn't too thrilled about riding it myself. I guess I've become more of a chicken since I became a parent. I used to ride ski lifts all the time when I went snowboarding, but something about the lack of snow below you made me nervous. The hard ground does not look inviting! Thankfully we all made it and it was really fun! Jocelyn loved it too!




Riding with MiMi and Grandpa on the way up.

At the top!!!




Happy Birthday to you!!! Grandpa's birthday was on Saturday. We snuck a cake on the fifth wheel and he had no idea! :) Hope you had a great birthday!

Jocelyn riding with Mom and Dad on the way down. Here's a fun memory that I just had to share... On the ski lift, they stop the lift for people who need assistance getting on and off, so the lift is constantly stopping. WELL, as luck would have it (I call it Sheehan luck), we got stopped RIGHT next to a lady who apparently had altitude sickness. I think she threw up her entire body weight and of course, just as I look over. Nice. I seriously about lost it myself and had to hide my face in my shirt. FINALLY, the lift starts moving again and Jocelyn loudly exclaims "MOM! IT'S OVER!" Thank you, sweet girl. She cracks me up.

Here is proof that New Mexico is not ugly. :)


1 comment:

The Rasch's said...

Those pictures are beautiful. It is a good thing that I was not on the lift with you. I would've lost it. We totally need to get together. I miss you lots. Love you!!