Oh, I almost forgot about our little setback... when we were trying to set up, we realized we forgot to pack the charger for our air pump. So Graham got about a minute to fill our big air mattress and thought we could blow up the rest of ours and Jocelyns. Hah. After a few minutes, he told me he wanted to try an experiment. Oh great! I should have had more faith though! He turned an old cell phone charger into a charger for the air pump! Hooray!
Until two thirty rolls around...I had been having a nightmare that someone was walking around our tent, threatening us and trying to get in and then I wake up to voices and flashlights nearby!!!! I freaked out, woke up Graham b/c he's the better shot (if needs be) and we try to figure out what these idiots are doing at two thirty in the morning. We hear lots of loud burping, lots of talk of beer and these people hiking up and down the hill we were camped on. We figured out they were setting up camp and their car couldn't make it up the hill, so they had to hike their stuff in. Great. Well, maybe after they get everything set up, they'll go to sleep...we hoped. They shined their flashlights on our tent and I heard, "SSHH...there are people camped there. That's a better spot, we should just set up our chairs right there by their tent!" RUDE!! Well, the SSHHH didn't last but a minute. I can't even tell you how loud these people were! There were three of them, two guys and a girl and I'm guessing they were in their late teens probably. Of course, in the mountain everything is magnified and echoes, so the yelling and laughing sounded like they were screaming in your ear. Fourty five minutes later, they stop hiking up and down the hill and they try to figure out how to set up their tent, drunk or high on drugs, we're not sure, but it wasn't helping them. A few minutes later, I think they decided they couldn't set up their tent so they decided to try out a new career....LUMBERJACKING!!! Three oclock in the morning and they get out their ax and chop down a stinking tree. TWO HOURS LATER, WE HEAR A SCREAM AND THEN "TIMMMMBBERRRR!" Are you kidding me?!?!?! At this point, I was SOOOO MAD but we didn't want to start something with these people who were more than likely on drugs, so we just stayed in our tent. It was killing me to not be able to YELL AT THEM!!
The rest of the night...I mean, morning, we had to listen to the music they were blaring and their annoying laughter and drunken jabbering. Five thirty rolls around and I am ready to LEAVE. It was sooooo cold though, I didn't want to get out of the sleeping bag. Graham and I start to talk about whether or not we should go ahead and pack up. Jocelyn rolls over and says "Guys...I'm trying to sleep!" Cracked us up. She had slept through most of the madness going on throughout the night!!!! Or at least, she was really quiet through it.
5 comments:
hahahaha...on your way out you should have driven over by their tent and laid on the horn for a few seconds. I totally would have done that!! Sounds like a bunch of stupid teens! Too bad, but it is a good memory.
Ah. So sorry you had such a bad trip. I like your tent though. Better luck next time!
OMG! What wonderful pics! I absolutely love the pic of you and Joc in the sleeping bag together! That's just TOO CUTE!!!!
What's with horrible camping trips?? seriously, ours was horrible...but we have the best memories of it!!!!
Oh my gosh Lauri what a WEIRD and hilarious story! Who chops down a tree in the middle of the night?!?! Too funny!
Post a Comment