Monday, July 6, 2009

Our 4th of July Weekend!


Once again, I know my Mom's camera has some pictures I wanted to post but I will have to put those up later. We had a fabulous weekend. Jocelyn was able to spend the night with MiMi and Gpa this weekend. She was SO excited! Their house is done with the remodel, so she has been anxiously awaiting her time alone with them. Graham and I had a date night Friday night, so we went to see the new Transformers. Saturday afternoon we headed out to Edgewood, had a bbq and then Grandpa and Graham put on a GREAT fireworks show for us. They live outside the city, so we were able to set off a bunch of the BIG time fireworks, along with sparklers, smoke bombs, bumble bees, snakes, spinners, chinese lanterns, bottle rockets, panda bears, etc. The finale was a box of sixteen huge fireworks that you light once and sit back and enjoy! SO FUN!! It was actually pretty chilly, so we built a fire and wrapped up in blankets in our camping chairs. So different than our 4th of July in Oklahoma as kids! No way would you be wrapped up in a blanket in July!!!

I have to note that I am letting go of some control!!! Jocelyn didn't have her whole Fourth of July outfit on AND she didn't want me to do her hair, so I just let it go! My Mom was proud. Hahaha!

This picture cracks me up. This is how Jocelyn covered her ears when the guys set off the loud mortars. Too funny!

She was worried about something in this picture. There were a couple close calls with the guys and the fireworks, so this was more than likely one of those times!



Here is my attempt to capture our fireworks on camera. I think I need more practice!



2 comments:

Janiel said...

Fun! Wish we could have joined you. Looks like you all had a ton of fun.

Bowdens said...

How fun to have your own fireworks show!! Looks like a great 4th of July!