Monday, March 2, 2009

Lesson learned

We went to lunch with one of our friends today. The kids meal comes with a sucker, so as we were leaving Jocelyn opened hers. We got into the car and she said, "Mom! That lady has a sucker too!" I look over and saw this older lady who had just lit a cigarrette. "No, honey. That's not a sucker. She is smoking, which is very bad for your body. It makes you very sick." Jocelyn said, "Oh, well why is she doing that smoking thing and not being healthy? Does she not know about Jesus? He wants us to be healthy!"

Ahhh, I love little minds. It's as simple as that to her. If you know it's not good for you, why in the world would you do it? Especially because Jesus wants us to be healthy. She is so sweet. :) I am proud of her for going through that thought process on her own. I hope she will always make good choices and be a wonderful example to those around her!

3 comments:

A New Day said...

LOL! Gotta love kids! you gotta wonder the stuff that goes through their minds! :-) That's great that she vocalized it to you!

Unknown said...

Such good little thinkers, huh? Everywhere we go now the girls say in their loudest voice, "She's not modest! Oh but he is. And he has pants but no sleeves." Willie was so embarrassed when the went to Costco on a hot day. LOL.

Ashlee and Shane said...

That is sooooo cute! I love the things she says!