Sunday, March 1, 2009

I'm firing myself...


from trail guide!!! Graham, Jocelyn and I went up to the Jemez mountains yesterday. We had a great time together. Stopped for lunch at a little restaurant and then went to check out Soda Dam. Before we stopped there, we pulled off at a little spot to do a little hiking. I walked over to a ledge and saw part of the river and decided we should hike straight DOWN. Graham said, "I was thinking we could go around the bend and walk down" but no, I had to do it the hard way. We all made it and it was fun, but I laugh at myself because I think I should have listened to my husband!! (Don't mention that to him though!) I should have taken a picture, but once I saw how steep it was, I knew I wouldn't have free hands to take the camera with us. Anyway, I'm glad I have a loving husband who lets me have my way sometimes...even when he knows he might have a better idea. So I am now officially retiring from trail guide...until the next time I think I have a good idea!! :)

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

You guys do such fun stuff! Now that we're actually leaving, I'm sad that we didn't get to visit all the great "hidden" spots around here. I'm so sad to be leaving but am glad that we've got our blogs so we can keep in touch! BTW, I've thought about texting you about a million times but realized that I don't even have your cell phone number! We need to exchange those before we leave!

A New Day said...

LOL!!!! How funny! Beautiful pics and glad nobody got hurt! :-) We still need to go up there with y'all sometime! Nicki's never seen anything like that (well, heck... neither have I!). :-)

Bowdens said...

What gorgeous pictures! You are one adventurous momma!! I don't think I would've hiked down that...I'm a wimp these days!
I love Jocelyn's haircut!! I've been wanting to get Blair's cut like that, but we have to grow out her bangs first, so she doesn't look like Dora! Anyway, she looks so cute and grown up!