Sunday, February 8, 2009

Staying busy!!

I had a WONDERFUL birthday!! Jocelyn spent the night with my Mom on Friday night, while Graham and I headed up to Santa Fe. We went to dinner and then off to the...

OH I love this place!!!! For any of my ABQ friends who haven't been, you should really check it out! Ten Thousand Waves in Santa Fe. It's a Japenese Spa and it is so relaxing. Both times we have been, we reserved the Kabuto tub. Next time I think we'll add massages and stay the night at the resort instead of at another hotel. The next day, Graham and I went to see "Taken". A really good movie, but also very intense! Then we met Mom and Jocelyn for dinner! Jocelyn had painted these adorable "diva puppies" and she gave me one for my birthday, along with a yummy candle and a really cute book. My mom also surprised me with beautiful flowers in the cutest milkshake vase, which Jocelyn tried to drink! haha. It was a great weekend! THANK YOU SO MUCH, MOM for watching Jocelyn!!!!! We played play doh all day today with her new set! :)



Preschool has been so much fun! I have really enjoyed the kids and the lesson plans have kept us busy! The preschool room looks really cute with our new table and chairs, which FINALLY came!! They actually ended up sending me TWO tables and the manufacturer wouldn't come pick up the extra one! So frustrating. It's wonderful for the kids to have so much room at the table and I love not having to use my dining room table for art projects! :) Here are some pictures of the room now and some of the kids having fun!

After their "snowball fight!" Which was a blast!
Practicing writing letters and numbers.



Gathering up her snowballs.
They love the hand pointer!
Groundhog Day project. We cut a slit in the green paper so the groundhog could peek through! :)
(Now I need to update my preschool blog!!)

4 comments:

Amanda said...

What a FUN birthday!!!! How fun! It looks like you had a grea time. Where is a birthday picture of you!? Don't be shy!

Preschool sounds like it is going great! I'm so happy. You are probably loving it!

Jocelyn is SO cute!

Bowdens said...

Happy Birthday! That sounds like a great birthday...the spa sounds fantastic! I'm so glad you had a great day!

Ashlee and Shane said...

ohhhhhh, i am so jealous! A spa sounds so nice! Sounds like you had a fun and very relaxing B-day! I am so glad! :) I noticed you called my phone and their was a voicemail and either you called on accident or you left a message, but it didn't go through b/c there was just silence for about 10 seconds. Sometimes my phone doesn't work properly. :)
Your preschool room looks great and i am so glad you are enjoying it! Luv u!

A New Day said...

Man, Lauri, that is so awesome!!!! Looks like you had a fantastic birthday! AND, your preschool just looks amazing! Very professional, yet FUN! Sounds like everything is going really well!!! Keep it up! :-)