Thursday, July 29, 2010

Boomer's Little Adventure

The night I hosted Bunco, our cat somehow sneaked out of the house and disappeared. Jocelyn was spending the night at MiMi's and the moment we realized he was gone, my heart sunk. I knew she was going to be devastated and I felt so guilty that he had gotten out when I was having a party. Anyway, that night, Graham and I drove around for a long time looking for him and didn't have any luck. I didn't sleep at all that night. We got up early, made fliers with his picture on it and our phone number and put them all over the neighborhood and the area around us.

The next day, we ended up getting this little guy. We had said we were going to wait two weeks to see if Boomer came home, but it was so hard seeing Jocelyn heartbroken and the house felt empty.




Jocelyn and I constantly walked the neighborhood, we bought a humane animal trap...and caught the stinkin' neighborhood cat, and I was beginning to give up hope. Fast forward exactly TWO WEEKS LATER...Jocelyn and I were getting ready to meet some friends at the park and I hear the loudest, strangest MEOW. I thought she was torturing Zap, the new kitten, but I looked back and he was just sitting there. So I told her to put Zap in her room and we went running into the garage. We had left the third car garage open a little just in case Boomer made his way home. Well, there was a cat in our garage and he was friendly, but it had been so long that at first, I didn't even recognize BOOMER! I was about to let the cat out of the garage thinking it was the neighborhood cat again. Then I looked closer at his face and realized it was Boomer. We went running in the house, woke Graham up and just couldn't believe it. Jocelyn was so happy she was crying and saying, "MOM! I can't believe it...he's really home!!!!" So sweet.

To make a long story short...Boomer was NOT happy about his new little friend. Then Boomer got sick from eating normal cat food after two weeks of eating whatever it is he was eating, then he got a cold and we're still dealing with that. The good news is, he seems to tolerate Zap and might even like him a little. We are so glad to have him home, although we would never have wanted two cats at a time. Oh well. It is just crazy to think of what he was doing for those two weeks. If only we knew! Here are some funny pictures of the first few days with Zap and Boomer.




1 comment:

Ashlee and Shane said...

I love the new kitty! He is so pretty!