Thursday, September 20, 2007
We'll try this and see!
My best friend, Ashlee, has started a blog and it's been so much fun to read! It's a great way to see what's going on, so I thought I'd start one for us. Plus, I figure even if no one reads it, I'll at least have a journal! :) There are so many things that have happened and that Jocelyn has done that I wish I had written down! So if I remember to write, I'm sure you will be entertained by the things Jocelyn comes up with! We sure are! Well, I guess since I just bragged about how cute Jocelyn is, I should back that up! Last night, Jocelyn and I were studying her alphabet flip book. Each page has a letter and a word that begins with the letter. On the back, it has suggestions for parents to ask, such as "what is the elephants long nose called?" and things like that. We got to the last page and it had a zebra on it. I asked her where zebras live, expecting her to say "the zoo!". Well, she sure surprised me!!! She said, "um, zebras live in Africa!" Graham and I looked at eachother in amazement!! It was so cute and she was so proud of herself! We then called Grandpa in Tulsa to tell him what she had just said. She talked to him for awhile and then asked where Uncle John is. I told her that Uncle John isn't with Grandpa. The next minute, she handed the phone to me and had a very confused look on her face. By then, Dad had called John on three way, so they both were on the phone. I handed the phone back to Jocelyn and told her that Uncle John was on the phone. She started talking to him and then heard Grandpa's voice again too!! Well, we've never done a three way call, so this was just so confusing to her! She said, "Uncle John! I thought you were Grandpa!" I guess they both were talking again and she took the phone away from her ear and gave me this look like, "what the heck is going on!!" It was hilarious! So, you might be thinking she had a total blond moment, but actually she's so smart b/c she knows Grandpa lives in Tulsa and Uncle John lives in Utah, so they couldn't be together! So hearing their voices from the same place was just not making sense!! :) See.....my smart little girl! Isn't she the cutest?!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
What a great idea for "journaling".
Maybe I should try this! : )
We all know how smart Miss Jocelyn
is, but that story just proves it!
I just hope she's not totally bored
when she starts kindergarten! Ha!
We'll look forward to the next edition! Love, Mom
That is such a great idea to do. I love how cute Jocelyn is. She is so smart for her age. Thanks for sharing that with us.
The Maples
Great idea. And thanks for the cookies!
Finally was able to get here to read this! This is really cool! Jocelyn is a cutie and I look forward to more stories in the future. Keep up the bloggin'!!!!!
Love,
Carol
oh my gosh! I haven't told you! We aren't even going out to Idaho next year until x-mas time! We decided that we can't! That stinks. Of course if we change our minds then i will let you know. But the only break shane will get next year is for 2 weeks in may and the break for the cruise, and the holidays! That really stinks. We can talk about it more later.
Post a Comment