This past week, Jocelyn and I drove to Wichita Falls to visit Ashlee, Shane and their boys ONE more time before they move to Okinawa, Japan. We were so blessed to have them within a days drive this past year. We took advantage of it while we could! It is still surreal that they will be SO far away for the next three years, but I know they are going to have such a wonderful experience over there. We are saving our money to go visit them in Japan! How cool will that be?!?

On Monday, we hung out at Ashlee's. The kids rode their bikes, played in the pool, hunted for bugs and worked up a sweat in the Texas heat! Ashlee and I talked and talked and talked...just what best friends love to do!

Tuesday: We got ready to go to Jump for Joy and drove there. They were closed from 10 to 2 (how silly!) so we came up with Plan B. We rented a movie for the kids, built a fort and popped some popcorn. After Jaydon's nap, we headed to Jump for Joy.










We brought Jocelyn's bike to Texas with us so she could practice riding without training wheels. She was determined to do it b/c Gavin rides without training wheels now....THEN Shane took them off and Ashlee ran around with her (I'm not sure how you got stuck with that job, Ash!) and Jocelyn realized it's not instant! She was so frustrated that it didn't happen right away, silly girl. Oh well, we will keep practicing and I'm sure she will get it down soon. Tanner got a new bike and is learning to ride without training wheels too!



Wednesday: Ashlee and I started a new tradition, which I think is brillant! Every time we get together, we get a babysitter for the kids one day and have a GIRLS DAY OUT! We went to lunch at Cheddar's, went to see Pirates of the Carribean and then went shopping for the surprise birthday party we had for the kids on Thursday. It's great to get away for the day! It sounds like the kids had a blast with the babysitter!

We decided to have a party for everyone since we don't get to celebrate birthdays together! We had a blast! I think the kids were a little confused at first..."does this mean we are seven now?" Gavin asked. Hahaha. Then Jocelyn informed us that Ashlee and I are now 31. No thanks!



Love these crazy kiddos!

Jaydon. Ohhh, I can't get enough of this little guy! I asked Gavin if we could take Jaydon home with us. Unfortunately, he didn't think that was a great plan. Bummer.



Everyone had fun running through the streamers all day long. Jaydon ran around saying, "RUN! RUN!"

Jocelyn loves watching Ashlee in the kitchen! She always wants to sit there and watch her cook.


We played BINGO with skittles.


Tanner was happy about that! Love him.

Jaydon with a mouth full of skittles. "What? There's no way I was saving those!" hahaha.


Next we played Pin the Tail on the Donkey.



Can you tell which tail stickers were Jaydon's?

Jocelyn wanted to play Limbo and then we blasted music and danced around.




After lunch, we sang happy birthday and had cupcakes! After that, we took the kids to pick out their own birthday presents from the store. Jaydon got a ball, Tanner picked out a gun and a magnifying glass, Jocelyn and Gavin picked out bug houses and magnifying glasses. They hunted for bugs ALL WEEK! The day before they had their bug houses, they caught a baby praying mantis, but had to let it go so it would live. The day we bought their bug houses, they came inside and Jocelyn had caught a WASP and Gavin had caught a BUMBLEBEE! Seriously?!?!?! We had to have some new rules about what they were allowed to catch!!!



Friday: We went to see CARS 2!!! It was so cute! We bought some CARS 2 tattoos from the store, so they each picked some out and Ashlee helped them put them on. We grabbed lunch and headed to the movie.


The cute couple. We are determined that they will get married some day! Arranged marriages can work, right?!?!

Tanner man. He is so sweet. Every time we leave, he comes over to me SO sad and tells me how much he wants us to stay. Melts my heart!


Jaydon cracked me up. He was so excited to get a tattoo on and then he kind of freaked out when he realized it was stuck on!

The kids right before we left. We miss them already! Can't believe you guys are leaving us for some gorgeous tropical island! I mean, really?!?!?! :)
Ashlee, you are truly the best! We have so many wonderful memories over this past year that I will always remember. (And I'll remind you of! hehehe!) I adore the time we get to watch our kids grow close and create their own memories. I truly hope they will ALWAYS be close. Your boys are such sweet and loving boys and it's because they have you as an example. You are a fabulous mother to them and they are blessed to have you. You will never completely understand what an example you have been to me over the last 18+ years we have known each other. You are strong, determined, talented, beautiful, caring, dependable, devoted, and always striving to be better. (Just believe me, okay. Say it, "YES! I am all those things!" Good.) I am so thankful for you in my life and I know we have many, many years of memories still ahead. I'm excited for your cute little family and this new adventure you guys are about to have! (Maybe a little jealous too considering you are leaving me in a desert!) I don't want to wish these three years to go by fast, BUT I am definitely looking forward to having you back in the states! So my dear best friend, I will miss you guys! See you in Okinawa!
Lop O Vop E Yop O U Top O Nop Sop!!!!!!!
Jocelyn: "Mom, I know you and Ashlee know Spanish!" :)
1 comment:
Lauri! YOU made me CRY!!! such a wonderful post. thank you. :)
Post a Comment