Friday, April 1, 2011

Spring Break with the Jenks family!

My best friend, Ashlee, and her three boys came to visit us during Spring Break. Jocelyn and Gavin had the same week off of school, so it worked out perfectly!!! I can't tell you how nice it is to spend time with Ashlee! We've been friends since we were 11 or 12, so she is more like my sister and we always have soooo much fun. We can talk for hours about everything or we can just hang out and not feel like we have to fill the silence! :) You know what I mean? I'm blessed to have her! Jocelyn LOVES when Gavin, Tanner and Jaydon come to visit. They all have so much fun together and get along so well. Once in awhile, when everyone is tired and hungry there will be small tiffs, but really, they all do really well together!

They arrived on Monday and we hung out at the house for awhile, walked to the park and then made dinner. The kids played outside for awhile and then after we put them to bed, we watched The Bachelor finale and hung out and talked half the night! ;)

Tuesday we went to a fun place called Red Light Green Light. It is so cute! They have different themed areas for the kids to play. My favorite is the cute little diner where they made us ice cream, pizza, burgers, etc. They loved being little chefs!! Other areas included a pet shop, science area, craft area, grocery store, exercise area and a ball pit. I was so disappointed though when we got there, I went to take pictures and my memory card wasn't in my camera! UGH! So I have a few pictures on my phone and that's it. After the kids played for a couple hours, we went to get some pizza from Dion's. YUM! Ashlee tried pepperoni and green chile for the first time! :)

On Wednesday, we went to the jump place called Hoots. The kids ran around for hours and Ashlee went down the huge slide with them while I attempted to get pictures and videos. Jaydon would go down the slide all by himself....so cute!

We decided to try bowling on Thursday, thinking it would be a great idea! :) Hahaha. Well, first of all, the people next to us were SO ANNOYING. The older man would not leave us alone and although he was trying to be friendly, it was annoying! Then the two Mom's started cursing even though they had two little kids with them! Seriously, people! Cute little Jaydon LOVED bowling, so much so that he didn't want to stop! hahaha. Ashlee walked around with him awhile and then I took him to get a snack and then he was happy watching the kids from the bar stool. I think Jocelyn, Gavin and Tanner had a good time! After bowling, we fed the kids lunch and got a babysitter!!! HOORAY! Ashlee and I went to Olive Garden for lunch, went to a movie and walked around the mall for awhile! We hadn't been to the movies together probably since college, so it was fun to hang out for awhile without the kiddos!

It's been so nice to have them within a days drive and we are so happy they were here for Spring Break!!! Jocelyn and I are going to drive to Texas this summer to visit them before they move with the Air Force. Ashlee and I got to watch lots of girly movies at night and had so much fun just catching up and chatting. We had fun cooking together and hearing our kids laughing and playing together. When we were at Dion's, a lady from the table next to us started talking to the kids and I heard Jocelyn say, 'These are my cousins!" When they left, Joc said, "Mom, I'm so sad they have to leave. They feel like MORE than just friends, they feel like FAMILY to me!".... So sweet and so true!!! We love you guys!!! :)

Funny memory from this trip, Ash.... Your RED face at Borders. I looked back at you and it brought back memories from middle school/high school. HAHAHA!!! :)

1 comment:

Marisa and Rob said...

What a FUN Spring Break you guys had!!!! Love all the pictures!!! :o)