"Grandpa, if you don't marry Michelle, you can marry me. But you guys already have it planned, so go ahead."
My Mom, Jocelyn and I were out together the other day. Mom asked Jocelyn where we should eat and Jocelyn said, "Somewhere fancy...how about Black Olive Garden?" (Where she always asks for a bowl of black olives!) At the end of the meal, they brought us the little mints and she asked me what the writing said. I told her Andes and she said, "This is Andes Black Olive Garden? How cool!"
While we were at the Olive Garden, she asked me to take her to the bathroom. Once we were in there, she said "Nevermind. I don't have to go anymore. My poop changed it's mind." I said, "Jocelyn just go. Poop doesn't have it's own mind." She replied, "Well MINE DOES. Obviously YOURS just doesn't, Mom."
Today, we picked up Jocelyn's friend, Bryson, so he could come play. When he got in the car, this was the conversation...
Bry: "Jocelyn, I'm not going to marry you anymore. I'm going to marry Lexi."
Me: "Oh, Bryson! That makes me so sad! How come?"
Bry: "Well she is too shy to marry me, so I'll just marry Lexi."
Me: "What if Jocelyn changes her mind?"
Bry: "Then I would change my mind too!!"
Joc: "OK! When I'm 12, I'll change my mind and we'll start planning our wedding."
Bry: Giggling..."Then we should practice kissing! Let's build a stage and pretend we're in front of lots of people."
Last week, Graham, Jocelyn and I went to the mall. Jocelyn looked especially cute in this yellow page boy hat. She was getting tons of compliments on how cute she looked. After awhile, she said..."That's number 7!!" She was keeping track! Funny girl. I'm not worried about her self esteem, but maybe about her humility!
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
She is SO cute!! I love the things little kids say.
Oh my goodness you are in trouble Lauri! She is too too hilarious can't wait to see her next week!
Oh Lauri, how I wish I could play with you and your daughter. It just sounds like so much fun. Hope you are well!
Post a Comment