Monday, April 6, 2009

General Conference

We had a wonderful weekend watching General Conference. I feel so uplifted after listening to so many wonderful talks and I feel a renewed desire to focus my energy on the things that truly matter. Conference always gives me the desire to be better and to do the things that I know are important to my spiritual growth and to better my family.

One of the things I always look forward to is the music! I feel the Spirit so strongly when I listen to the beautiful music, especially from the Tabernacle choir. I feel a difference in my mood and in our home when I have music playing. One of my favorite things is when my house is clean, the windows are open on a nice day and I have uplifting music on.

As we approach Easter and I reflect on the last week of Christ's life, I was so humbled by the things Elder Holland spoke of. The love I have for my Savior has grown as I more fully understand the sacrifices He made for each one of us, especially during His last moments on earth. I have never thought about His sacrifice in this way before and I have a new understanding of the comfort He is able to provide for us.
Here is the link. Go to Sunday AM session and scroll over to Jeffrey R. Holland. It really is a wonderful talk.

I am so grateful for General Conference and the chance we have to listen to our Prophet and the Apostles. I feel blessed to know that we have a living Prophet on the earth and that our Heavenly Father loves us and wants to guide us, just as He loved and guided His children long ago.

No comments: